Topic 1: Define and Describe Your Foreground and Background Information
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
In Unit 1 you identified a PICOT question. Using the same question, rewrite the question for your peers and define the difference between foreground and background information as it relates to your PICOT question. Also, provide a general overview on what evidence is available.
See the Discussion Board grading rubric on the Course Home.
Topic 2: Rapid Appraisal Checklists
Comment about how you can apply the checklists, referenced in the Practice section of Activities, into your research for feedback from your instructor and peers.
Evidence-Based Practice in Nursing and Healthcare
- Chapter 1: “Making the Case for Evidence-Based Practice and Cultivating a Spirit of Inquiry”
- Chapter 2: “Asking Compelling, Clinical Questions”
- Chapter 3: “Finding Relevant Evidence to Answer Clinical Questions”
- Chapter 4: “Critically Appraising Knowledge for Clinical Decision Making”
- Chapter 5: “Critically Appraising Quantitative Evidence for Clinical Decision Making”
Irwin, M., Bergman, M., & Richards, R. (2013). The experience of implementing evidence-based practice change: A qualitative analysis. Journal of Oncology Nursing, 17, 548–49.
Melnyk, B., Fineout-Overholt, E., Stillwell, S., & Williamson, K. (2009). Igniting a spirit of inquiry: An essential foundation for evidence-based practice. American Journal of Nursing, 109(11), 49–52.
Newhouse, R. (2006). Evidence and the executive: Examining the support for evidence-based nursing practice. Journal of Nursing Administration, 36(7/8), 337–340.
Welford, C., Murphy, K., & Casey, D. (2011). Demystifying nursing research terminology: Part 1. Nurse Researcher, 18(4), 38–43.
Welford, C., Murphy, K., & Casey, D. (2012). Demystifying nursing research terminology: Part 2. Nurse Researcher, 19(2), 29–35.
Go to the NCQA site, navigate to the “About NCQA” page, and read about the purpose and design of this organization to promote evidence-based quality in healthcare.
- National Committee on Quality Assurance. 2015. Retrieved from http://www.ncqa.org
- Review Appendix B, Rapid Critical Appraisal Checklists, on pages 539–550.
- Determine how the checklists can be integrated into your research and then begin applying to your project.
- Use Discussion Topic 2 to post your comments about using these checklists in your research.
Please, concentrate more on the question # 1.