Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Project Management: Project Selection, Final Charter, & Preliminary Project Plan
***NOTE: I only need you to complete the section of the assignment below that is italicized, bold, and underlined. The rest of it is only there so you will be able to understand the assignment in its entirety and for your reference.***
Role: Put yourself in the role of a customer, client, or project selection board. Identify four to five criteria this person or group would use to select which project to proceed with. Using the selection criteria, select one of the individual projects for your team to use for the rest of this course.
Select one project from the Learning Team members’ Preliminary Project Charters submitted in Week One. Make sure the project you select is one that all of the team members can understand and have the ability to develop a comprehensive project plan and implementation plan.
Write a 1,400- to 2,100-word paper composed of the following sections:
- Project Selection Criterion: Describe the criteria used in the selection process. Use a weighted project selection table, which includes each team member’s project. Select the project with the highest score.
- Final Project Charter: Provide a final/updated project charter for the selected project as defined in the Preliminary Project Charter Worksheet Week One Assignment.
- Preliminary Project Plan: Write the preliminary project plan for the selected project. Note: the team will finalize the preliminary project plan in week three.
- Include the following information in the preliminary project plan:
- Overview: The objective of this section is to provide an overview of the scope and nature of the project to help enable the team to select one project to work on for the rest of the course.
- Preliminary project schedule: The objective of this section is to show a preliminary summary project schedule with the project tasks including the primary deliverables and the activities associated with them as shown in section 6.5.3 of A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge.
- Preliminary budgetary plan: The objective of the budget section is to capture cost estimates, which include resources, capital expenses, materials, and miscellaneous. The cost analysis must consider the following elements (at a minimum): labor, subcontractors, rental or purchase of equipment or facilities, travel, telecommunications, supplies and materials, and documentation. The output for this step is called project funding requirements. – (450 to 600 Word Requirement)
Format your project plan in a word document AND any standard project management application, such as Microsoft® Project, Open Workbench, or Excel to support the paper. The paper can use tables screen shots to communicate various sections found within the project management application. The tables can be inserted within the main body of the paper or included as an appendix.
- Complete the
assignment using your own words with correct spelling, punctuation, and
grammar in APA format. No plagiarism.
- If you are not
using your own words or if you are quoting any information or definitions,
make sure to cite the information by using proper APA format citations and
don’t forget to include the source of the information as a reference on
the references page by using proper APA format.
- Read and use the
attached PDF, Word, and/or Power Point document(s) that are attached to
this question in order to understand the necessary information in order
for you to be able to complete the assignment accurately and completely.
- Read and use any other files that are attached
to this question in order for you to be able to complete the assignment
accurately and completely, if applicable. Do not forget to include
any other attachments as references and to use citations from them, if